2. When does this policy apply? You agree that this policy will apply when you access or use our website at www.notary.africa
3. Legally binding contract This policy will apply to you, and will create a legally binding contract between us, whenever you use or access our website.
4. Changes to this policy Unless notice is required in terms of the law, we may change the terms of this policy from time to time in line with any changes that the law or our internal business operations require, without prior notice. The current version of this policy that applies each time you visit and/or use our website will regulate our relationship. It is your responsibility to consider the policy each time you use our website. If you do not agree with any terms of this policy, you must stop using our website.
5. Our commitment This policy is important to us. We are committed to taking steps to protect your privacy when you use our website and implementing business practices that comply with all relevant legislation, including the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 ("POPI"). In this policy, we explain how we will use and protect your personal information.
6. What is personal information? If we refer to "personal information" or "information" in this policy, we mean personal information as defined in POPI. It includes, for example, your full name, surname, email address, identity number, contact details, and location.
7. Collecting your personal information We collect information about you when you use our website and communicate with us. We may also collect information about you from third parties.
9. Links on our website Our website may include links to other apps or third party websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy or the content of these websites or apps, but we display these links to make it easier for our visitors to find information about specific subjects.
10. Use of your information We use your information to provide our website and services to you and generally for purposes of our relationship.
11. Purposes for processing information We will only process adequate and relevant information to:
Perform in terms of our agreement. Operate and manage your account. Monitor and analyse our business. Contact you by email, sms, or other means to tell you about our products and services (you can always opt out from future marketing). Form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products that may interest you. Carry out market research, business and statistical analysis. Carry out audits. Perform other administrative and operational tasks like testing our processes and systems. Comply with our regulatory or other obligations. We may use your information for other purposes if the law allows for it, or if you consent to it, or if it is in the public interest.
12. Right to object You may, on reasonable grounds, object to us using your information. If you object, we will stop using your information, except if the law allows its use.
13. Sharing of personal information We will keep your personal information confidential and only share it with others in terms of this policy, if you consent to it, or if the law requires from us to share it. We have trusted relationships with carefully selected third parties who perform services for us. All these service providers have a contract with us in terms whereof they have a legal obligation to secure your personal information and to use it only in a way that we permit. In general, we may share your information with our affiliates, third party service providers, payment gateways, regulatory and governmental authorities or tax authorities (if they request us to do so), and any other third party if the law requires from us to share it. Our website may connect to various social media sites or apps, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. If you want to use our website for social media integration, including to create user profiles and login functionality, we will share your information with the relevant social media sites or apps.
14. Retention of information We retain information in accordance with the required retention periods in law or for legitimate business purposes. We will only retain your information for the purposes explicitly set out in this policy. We may keep information indefinitely in a de-identified format for statistical purposes. This policy also applies when we retain your information.
15. Trans-border flow of information We may transfer your information to foreign countries mainly for retention purposes or if our service providers are cross border or use systems cross border. If you continue to use our website, you expressly agree that we may transfer the information cross border for these purposes. We will only share information cross border to recipients who have laws similar to POPI that apply to them, or who entered into an agreement with us to include the relevant POPI principles.